At Trek Tours Australia we understand that your privacy is very important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard your personal information. We will never share, sell or trade any of the information collected via our web site or over the phone, including your email address, telephone number, postal address or name, without your express permission.
Personal information and other data we collect
Trek Tours Australia collects personal information when you register for a service or otherwise voluntarily provide information, such as:
- Register as a Trek Tours Australia Member
- Subscribe to our email newsletter (you may opt out at any time)
- Download or request a brochure or other printed materials
- Book a trip with us
- Tell a friend about Trek Tours Australia
We may combine personal information collected from you at different times to provide you with a tailored user experience, including customising of content.
Trek Tours Australia use secure servers that automatically record information when you visit our website, including the pages you visit, your IP address, language, browser type and the date and time of your visit. This information cannot be used to identify you individually. The information we gather is used to make improvements to our site and make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested, including sending email newsletters, or sending printed materials to your home.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve Trek Tours Australia’s web site and services.
- We may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties outside of Trek Tours Australia, including travel industry partners, to better analyse trends and further improve our services.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, fraud prevention and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- Trek Tours Australia processes personal information on our servers in Australia and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on servers outside your own country.
- Trek Tours Australia will never sell or share your personal information with any 3rd parties without your express permission.
When we collect personal information reasonable steps are taken to keep that information secure and to protect that information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Complete security of any data transmission over the World Wide Web/Internet cannot be guaranteed as being completely secure. Hence, we cannot guarantee and we do not warrant the security of information transmitted to us over the internet and you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
You will always have the option to opt out of any services offered at any stage. This means you can change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Trek Tours Australia
PO Box 134 Newstead TAS 7250 Australia
Or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org